Baby Food – Can sick dogs eat?

Gerber Baby Food for puppies

Is baby food safe for sick dog with upset stomach and no appetite?

Some of the dog owners do feed baby food to their dogs, but the baby food is essential for human children. Whether baby food is good enough for dogs is the matter to be discussed on.

Even for the new born baby, either of a human or a dog, each has different nutritional requirements. So feeding baby food to your puppy is still controversial.

All the baby food isn’t harmful to dogs, but the baby food contains certain unhealthy ingredients which are dangerous for your dog. There are chances that your puppy might develop unhealthy eating habits.

So, a puppy should not be given any human baby fed baby food. Some of the baby foods prepared is made up of onion powder which is harmful to feed your puppy.

Drawbacks of baby food

If you feed your pet varieties of food, then there are chances that your pet might become prone to consume only particular food items.

If your dog develops a habit of eating baby food and unfortunately gets a flavor for them, then it will become impossible for you to feed them their required food when they are in real need of them.

So it is advised not to give varieties of food to your dog because you have to face problems in future. So once your pet is small inculcate the habit of feeding them one particular dog food which is best for your pet.

Please opt for the supreme quality dog food if you want to provide all the essential nutrients to your dog to live a healthy and long life.

Highlights on the ingredients of the baby food

can i give my diabetic dog baby food

Baby food is made by using different fruits and vegetables such as carrots, bananas, sweet potato, and peas. These provide essential vitamins to children which help in their growth. Even for dogs fruits and vegetables mentioned above are recommended.

If the baby food is prepared from grapes, then this might not be suitable for your dog to consume.

Other harmful ingredients used to flavor baby food are ginger and onion powder, which again is injurious to health for your dog.

Is it a good idea to mix dog food with baby food?

Yes, you can surely try this as this is a better option than directly feeding your dog with baby food.

Please be aware of the ingredients used for the preparations of the baby food once you want to mix them with the dog food and you desire to feed it to your dog. If by any chance the baby food contains harmful ingredients for your dog, then you will be in trouble for sure. You will be amazed to know that some dogs have a strong liking for the baby food as it has a particular smell and it is in liquid form.

If the mixture is say 100%, out of that at least 60% should be dog food and remaining 40 % should be baby food.  This percentage is appropriate if you are using the most nutritional dog food.

Concerns for fussy consumers

If your dog is a selective eater then, it will be beneficial if you feed it only the dog food prescribed times a day.

Note down that in how much time your dog eats the food, if they don’t complete the food within 15 minutes, then just remove the food and serve them after some time. It will help your pet to learn that if they don’t eat and finish their food in time, then they might have to starve.

You can notice that the next time they are fast in eating their food than before. Try to be patient and calm if your dog continuously refuses to consume dog food. Kindly feed your dog, baby food only when the veterinary doctors advices it.

Conclusion of Giving Baby food to Dogs

It will be great if you avoid feeding either your puppy or dog any baby food. One of the reasons is that the baby food does not provide appropriate vitamins and minerals required for the growth of your pet. Puppies have unique nutritional demands. Stop your dog from getting into the habit of consuming baby food. It can also lead to a troublesome eating pattern and get your dog into health related problems.””

Is Kale Toxic To Dogs?


  1. if the ingredients is ground chicken water and cornstarch in chicken and chicken gravy baby food is it okay to feed my dog that mixed with her dog food

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.